A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard disk of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Our use of Google Analytics
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics software (Universal Analytics) to collect information about how you use our website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, for example displaying links to the most frequently accessed content on our homepage.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on websites
- how long you spend on each of our webpages
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so our collected cookie information can’t be used to identify who you are.
We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Google Analytics sets the following cookies:
|_ga||This helps us count how many people visit our website by tracking if you’ve visited before||2 years|
|_gid||This helps us count how many people visit our website by tracking if you’ve visited before||24 hours|
|_gat||Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made||10 minutes|
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies.